Friday, September 27

THAT'S NOT MY NAME


Dear work: Thank you for paying us 5 days early. Because my private lesson family went on vacation this week and didn't take me, I have been out of my typical extra spending money! Thankfully my job at school decided to pay us a full 5 days ahead of schedule. Normally I would say no thanks, because that is an extra five days to wait for the next pay check .. but this time I don't mind. Dear Teriyaki cashier: My name isn't really Maria. I just tell you my name is Maria every time I place my sushi order because trying to explain that my name is like "Rita" with a B in front of it every single time, while holding up the line, makes me feel uncomfortable.  Dear everyone: Watch this video. Then make sure you definitely watch the last song after minute 8. You're welcome.

Have a great weekend!

linking up with friday's letters

4 comments:

Heather Marie said...

Haha!!! Love the story about your name too funny

Anonymous said...

I always use my first name instead of my last, I don't want to take the time to spell out my last name and pronounce it too.

Unknown said...

how dare they not know your name by now!? Thursday nights = Britta day = sushi & Scandal. they can't ruin that!

Erika from America said...

So, I just wanted you to know that I just watched that whole Jimmy Fallon video with the lip sync battle! Hahaha! That was pretty entertaining and added brightness to my day for sure! Just makes me want to go out and lip-sync something!

And as for the name thing -- I get that. If you don't have an "easy" name, it just makes situations like that awkward and confusing when they just don't matter. So keep getting your Maria on, haha! :)

--Erika
http://www.chimerikal.com