Monday, November 25

WEEKLY WISHES


I've still got a lot of things I want to get done before the end of the year and time is certainly running out! This week my goal is to focus on finishing up loose ends at school. That means getting the rest of my exams graded fast. It also means finishing up final grades by the end of the week so I just don't have to worry about them anymore. 

I briefly mentioned yesterday that I am not so sad to be saying goodbye to the school where I have been working for the past two years. For the most part, I have really enjoyed working at this school. They gave me my first opportunity to be a teacher and I will always be grateful for that. However, over the past two years I have known that I did not want to work at this particular school forever. Some of their practices and rules are not ideal for someone who is seriously interested in being a teacher, aka helping students learn. When I say this, I mean that the school doesn't emphasize education as the most important part of going to school. To make a long story short, my goal this week is to finish all of my final responsibilities at my job as quickly as possible. That is one chapter that I know I am ready to close from my time here in Costa Rica.


What are your goals for the week?

The Nectar Collective

1 comment:

La Maman Heureuse said...

Hopping over from Melyssa's blog! I'm not a teacher, but now that my little one goes to school I find it so wonderful to actually meet teachers who want to make a difference and have their pupils learn something.

As a teacher you have an immense responsability to form these little souls who are trusted in your care and not everyone understands the strength and responsibilty of that!

I think it's great you feel so passionate about your job!

love from Belgium,

Cindy