Tuesday, October 1

ON GOING BACK TO SCHOOL


It's not completely official yet, but it looks like I will be going back to school as a graduate student in January. A graduate student. I always thought I wanted to go back to school to eventually get my masters in something I just didn't know what or when. Now it is coming up pretty fast and I am quickly getting a little nervous! I graduated 3.5 years ago (what?!) so it has been quite a while since I have hit the books. 

Naturally, I've heard that grad school courses are much more difficult than undergrad. I was one of those students who spent hours in the library to get all of my work done because I can't concentrate in my room. I'm also that girl who who spreads out all her books and supplies, taking up a majority of the table. Am I going to be the same in grad school? Where am I going to do my work since I don't have a desk at home? Am I going to be able to handle all the coursework? As you can probably tell I have many questions going through my mind that I'm not quite sure how to answer! I typically enjoy being a student. I enjoy learning and putting in the hard work which (hopefully) brings out a good result. This new challenge of grad school has me worried about testing my limits, seeing if I can juggle the harder coursework while being a grown-up. I know that everything will work out the way it is supposed to but I'm just anxious to see how it does.

Is there anything that you guys are looking forward to in the coming months?

5 comments:

danielle abroad said...

How exciting! Grad school is definitely scary after a break, but let me assure you it is a million times more rewarding. I so totally geeked out in my year of classes and often miss the courseload now that I'm working on an internship. I'm looking forward to working on my thesis soon! <--Not even I would've believed I'd say something like that before I started my degree. Grad school has a way with igniting passion like that. Wishing you the best of luck with your experience!

Anonymous said...

Hi Britta, you're so courageous to go back to school as a student and I'm sure everything's gonna be fine! Like you I was the one that just couldn't work in my room and spread out all my stuff on the table lol. Well still today when I do lesson plans. Good luck ;)

Britt said...

So exciting! I am planning to start again next fall and the prospect of doing so just makes me so happy!
I am also a spreader-outer. I could definitely work in my room but that meant my room became unbalanced and I couldn't separate work from relaxation. When I got back this time, I will definitely keep them apart.
Britt @ One&20

Nicole Marie said...

that's so exciting!! i loved grad school so much more than undergrad. it was a lot more work but i felt like i was actually working toward something and something i loved

Unknown said...

Wow! Good for you, Britta! Congratulations and good luck! :)