Tuesday, September 18

afternoon adventures




the other day paris and i went with some of his friends up the mountain to see where they are putting the new wind turbines close to where we live. okay, let me say that again .. we went up.the.mountain.

as we were going up, everyone was laughing and joking around .. and then there was me, gripping paris's hand trying not to make weird noises because i was scared out of my wits to literally be going straight up this mountain. it took a good twenty minutes after we got to the point where we needed to put chains on the tires to continue .. to get to the top.

once at the top, i told paris that just how freaked out that ride made me and he laughed a little and said i better get used to it because once he gets his new car he wants to go up in the mountains more often. well, i told him, we'll just see about that.

you guys it was straight up. terrifying.

anyways, once i was on flat, level ground i started to take note of the views and they were pretty stunning. it was a little hazy when we went but we still got some great pictures.

but really, who knows if i'll ever get used to driving up inclines like that.

5 comments:

SEL said...

I used to have nightmares about driving straight upwards. Weird, right?

Glad you guys made it safely though!

I'm from Jersey too. :)

Found you through the link-up.

Newest follower!

xo
SEL
growinglaughingandlovinginlife.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Wow.. that looks like a beautiful place.. I love going up in the mountains.. looks so pretty



I'm your newest follower from the GFC blog hop :)
followme@ www.studentswife.com

Unknown said...

how beautiful!!

menopausal mama said...

Gorgeous pictures but I would have been really scared going up that mountain!! New follower from the GFC blog hop. Would LOVE it if you could visit my humorous blog site and follow me back--I'd really appreciate it! thanks for sharing! http://Menopausalmother.blogspot.com

Bailey K. | Travel Heals said...

I know the feeling. But it's so terrifying that it's FUN, right?! ;) Looks like you guys had a great time.

Please come link this post up to 'The Places You'll Go' Travel Party on my blog. It's all about experiencing places, even if those places are right next door! :)

http://www.letbirdzfly.blogspot.com/2012/09/the-places-youll-go-travel-party-9.html