Monday, October 28

BE A GO-GETTER

Go-Getter

Okay guys, I know my goal for this week is to take it easy and to take some extra time for myself, but I'm not sure it's going to happen. I finish my full-time job here in mid-November and then it turns into part-time for the final two weeks. Add in my last 5 weeks here in Costa Rica and that is 7 weeks of way too much time on my hands. So I got to thinking, I'll find another job to keep me busy! Insert: online tutoring. For the past three years I have been tutoring privately while living abroad and just recently (unfortunately) found out about online tutoring. So far I have applied to one company and was rejected. Rejected! Let me tell you, this girl does not like the word rejected. So naturally that switch inside of me has turned on and my mind is saying I'm going to get what I want (anyone catch that reference?).

Now that I am in go-getter mode, I thought I would share some tips with you on how to get what you want.

1. Do your research. You never know what opportunities are out there until you go looking for them! I never would have thought to apply for online tutoring jobs if I hadn't done an initial search of how to make some extra cash. Now I know that there are dozens of online tutoring companies I can choose from.

2. Ask questions. In my opinion, the best thing you can do when you don't know the answer to something is to ask. You never know what you're going to find out and it will most likely help you in any situation, as long as you ask in a polite and concise way.

3. Just do it. There is no time like the present. The longer you wait to do something, the less likely you are to do it, so you might as well get started today.

What is your advice for going out and getting what you want?

linking up with Totally Posted Tuesday

4 comments:

Unknown said...

It's so true--sometimes you just have to go out and get it because no one else is going to do it for you! Good luck as you come to your transition time :)

Anonymous said...

I definitely agree with "just do it' that attitude has given me some fantastic opportunities so far!
Don't worry about being rejected, it just means something better will come along :)

Kate | Diaries of a Essex Girl

Megan said...

I love that you took this "rejection" and turned it into a positive life lesson! These kind of posts always make me smile. :)

Karly Kim said...

Great points, love!