Monday, January 21

beach weekend









three years ago i came to costa rica with a group of students from my college. obviously it had a pretty big impact on me...you know since i live here and all. that was the first year that endicott made the trip to costa rica and has been doing ever since. the professor that took my group was finally doing the trip again this year and he contacted me asking if i would be interested in meeting up while he was here and i said of course. he then asked me to tag along on their beach trip weekend as somewhat of a mentor to the students so that they could see someone from endicott who took a completely different route than most and is now living and working abroad. weekend to the beach? sure!

i had such a good time. i bonded with a group of girls who i definitely would have hung with during my time at endicott and the whole weekend i was reminded of my time in costa rica with my own group of friends. we stayed in the exact same hotel and i had so many moments where i just wanted to say remember that time?? but then i was reminded those were completely different people. although we did make some new memories that could rival those of the past .. i mean, a 3 hour bus ride with 18 girls in their self-proclaimed acapella group singing pitch perfect songs? girls after my own heart.

 and lucky for me one of the girls from this trip is staying in costa rica a whole four months! three cheers for new friends ;)

3 comments:

Betsy Transatlantically said...

you know, Jon had snow in London this weekend and I haven't seen any in DC and so I was really excited that we're supposed to get some later this week. but now I just want to go to the beach!

Ragan said...

oh what fun! hooray for new friends!

Emily said...

how gorgeous! reminds me so much of nicaragua, which I guess makes sense, since they are neighbors and all. love your pics :)