Wednesday, August 1

in the olden days...



i used to be a gymnast. and it would be an understatement to say that it was a huge part of my life.

i ate slept and breathed gymnastics. i considered my coaches as a second set of parents and my teammates were some of my best friends. however, i ended up stopping the sport my sophomore year in high school because my coaches were retiring and i wasn't interested in training with anyone new.

but even after i gave it up, i never really let it go. it was always so hard to express my feelings about gymnastics to others who never did the sport. a bunch of years ago a silly little movie called stick it came out and even though it wasn't necessarily picture of the year it was the perfect portrayal of the sport. not to mention, hilarious. if you ever want to learn more about gymnastics training you should see it!

anyway, all of this has been on my mind mainly because of the olympics!

i was so excited to have been able to see the women's olympic trials (on my flight home to nj) a few weeks ago. the team this year has some incredible talent that the usa really hasn't seen since 1996 when we won olympic gold (except Nastia, of course!). all of the girls this year, Jordan, McKayla, Kyla, Gabby, and Aly, are all spectacular gymnasts and it is really cool to see them compete.

and i am so so so excited to have been able to watch them compete in the london games so far! of course, there is always a little drama in the sport and this year was no exception with what happened to Jordan but at she can still be happy to know that she has a gold team medal!

my favorite parts: McKayla Maroney's vault which was perfect and just blew me away, Kyla Ross's, who i think is such a beautiful gymnast, beam routine, and Jordan Weiber's floor routine because.. girl can shake it ;) but obviously, all of the girls were awesome.

i am so happy that these girls won gold last night! what a proud moment for them and for the usa!
go team :)


source: 1/2/3/4/5

7 comments:

Naptime Review said...

Newest follower from GFC hop. Still making my way down the list. Hope you stop by and return the follow. Hosting Like Me On Facebook. Love to have you link up!

www.thenaptimereview.com

his little lady said...

aw, i seriously cried it was so incredible!!! all of the girls were just so on point. and seriously kyla is my favorite. she seems so humble and such a sweet spirit. adore!
xo TJ

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

Love it! I always wanted to be gymnast... so cool you got to have it as apart of your life :)

Unknown said...

I know exactly how you feel. I, too, was a competitive gymnast growing up, and always miss it but the olympics are especially difficult. I straight up cried watching the team finals - starting with when Russian made their first mistake on floor because I knew that meant gold.

And I totally agree - McKayla Maroney's vault was the highlight of the night. That girl is a BEAST

I just found your blog today, and clearly so happy that I did! Truly looking forward to following along, and maybe some gymnastics talk

Rachel @ lala Lists said...

Thanks for linking up! Hope to see you next week!

Rachel
www.lalalists.com
Wonderful Wednesdays Co-Host

The Adventurer said...

FAB FIVE. I adore.


You can follow Gabby on instagram. Just saying!

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh are you as obsessed with the gymnastics as I am! Loving it!